And now we have the broad, which is just the keyword, broad is the least of my favorite keywords because Google just goes on a tangent and will show your ads on all sorts of keywords unless you want to dominate your niche and you want to show your ads for pretty much everything within that niche. Then I would go with that, but I never use a broad match for my client accounts and also for my own campaigns. I can't remember the last time I used it unless it is for call ads where I do. In fact, yes, for call ads, it's a different type of campaign setup I use.
There I use broad match because it works pretty well for call ads. And negative, you have, negative keyword. Okay…., Let's start with the exact match. So let's say we go for somebody who puts in ‘football shoes’.... it will show for ‘football shoe’, it will also show for ‘football shoes’. It may also potentially, and probably will show for ‘soccer shoe’ or ‘soccer shoes’ as well. Because that is also football. Google understands what this is, what it will not show for is if somebody puts in a search term ‘football shoe prices’, or let's say ‘Nike football shoe’ and so on because we've got other terms in that search term so that it will not show up for that.
So that's why we call it Exact because we are only targeting that, that keyword. Okay. I've got ‘property management’. All right, Richard, I'll use that for the phrase matc...so that will be in quotation marks. So, what phrase match means is you can have some words either before or after that keyword, it cannot be broken with any words in between if that is the case, it, the phrase match will not be triggered. So it will show for, let's say ‘California property management’, right. And it will show for property management agents. So what we have got the word California before the property management and the word agent after. Sorry, my, just give me one second. It's been hidden by the box. Thank you, Richard, for pointing that out. Okay.
So we've got California before property management and the agents after property management. What it will not show for, if somebody says something like property California management, because these two words, which are your keyword, have been broken with a word between these two. So that's not going to trigger for this search term.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
- How To Use Negative Keywords In AdWords
- Google Ads Keyword Match Types
- Broad Match Modifier Explained
- Why Single Keyword Ad Groups Are No Longer a PPC Best Practice
Join in YouTube Live stream every weekday at 1700 hrs. Set your reminder here
Comments
Post a Comment