Okay, so I'm going to go to the comment box, I can see a couple of the comments. Aneesh, Hello. "I've got a client, but I've never run ads. What should I do?" Oh, God. That's a good problem to have an Aneesh, because first of all, very well done for getting a client because this is where a lot of people struggle. And if I was you, I would learn ad words first, Google ads, as it is now, I keep saying it as ad words it’s just a habit, I guess.
Yeah, you’ve got to learn, you can't spend or experiment with somebody else's hard-earned cash, either get somebody to help you, and you progress your learning as you go along. But I personally would not be very comfortable just running up an account for a client with no experience in Google ads. There is a lot of work in there which needs to be done. But having said that everybody has to start from somewhere, but you've gone out and got a client, so that's really good. But you will be upfront with them and say, look, this is where I am, now the way I started it, although I've been running AdWords since 2009 for our own company, we weren't an agency before. So what we did was, as our business evolved and progressed towards becoming an agency, I went to my clients and said, look, I'm going to run your campaigns for free for a few months until you start to get results.
And if you like what I've done, then you pay me. But I knew what I was doing, and there's always more learning to be done every day, I learn something new, you will probably learn something new. So it's not that I had learned everything, which I knew at that point in time, it's constantly evolving, I keep on learning new stuff, I want to learn new stuff every day.
So you can never be complacent, you will never learn everything, no matter who it is, but what you need to do is to be upfront with them and say, look, I can help you with this, but I need a bit more help with some external person who can help me, and guide me to run your Google ads; and then whatever you negotiate with your client, that's between you and them, but I can't advise you on that, but yeah, well done for getting a client first! I've got over 30 hours of videos over here, so you can binge-watch and learn lots of things, which I do and are shown in my videos, but you will need practical experience for sure.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
- How To Check Where Your Ads Appears On Google Search Results
- Understanding Google Ads Discovery Campaigns
- The Most Advanced Google Display Network Tutorial Ever
- Google Ads Bid Strategy Report
Join in YouTube Live stream every weekday at 1700 hrs. Set your reminder here
Comments
Post a Comment