You go to your accounts, new campaign, and those of you who know me, that I tend to start with the campaign without the goal guidance. This does not mean that I'm not setting up conversion tracking. The first thing you must set up is your conversion, right? But this will give us all the options of it. Then you go to display. Here, I want to select Gmail. You can put in your website address because then Google is going to scan your website and is going to give you some ideas as to what your website is all about and give you some relevant keywords. Put in your campaign name and location. Now, this is where you might find that "Oh, where is my manual CPC?" They have changed it over here. What you need to do is to go in here and then through there, you have got all the free smart bidding options, as well as the manual CPC. I always start with a manual campaign. Once I've got enough data in the account, then I go to part.
I'm just going to put in a bid, a budget. This is just for test purposes. You can also apply from a shared budget. Let me come on to that because not many know what this means. What you could do is you can go from your tools and settings, you go into a shared budget. Let's say you got a hundred dollars or $50 a day budget, then you can apply that shared budget to all of your campaigns. You don't overspend. You can be running a search, display, video, email, and all of them can just take the budget from the shared The reason why I don't use a lot, except in some circumstances is if one of the campaigns is running quite well, usually the GDN, display, and Gmail will pretty much eat up all the budget and the search campaign will not get any budget at all. You will find you're not getting any impressions or clicks or conversions from the search, but then to keep all the budgets for each one of these networks differently and keep them separate.
Although this is the default option, I want to run all my ads equally so that I can test and see what's happening. Because if Google is just running the best performing ads and the other one or the non-performing ad is not getting an impression, then I would never know how it would perform if we were equally split testing. You run your ad schedule which day so you can choose whether you want to do weekdays, weekends, or any of these days and you can then set up your time. Start or end date, I tend not to bother because what I want to do is to just get it started. Then if I want to pause it or stop it, I can at any time, but you can select the end date. For example, if it's for an event like a Christmas offer or a new year's sale, then you can put up a date when your campaign is going to stop.
Even if you forget to stop it, then at least you got Google to stop it automatically. Devices, you can run on all devices or what you can also do in the way I do it. I expand the campaigns per device. I will have one campaign running on mobile, computer, and tablet. Each campaign will be three campaigns, and then I can see the performance. Then I can also allocate the budget. Each of these is on its own. Don't need to worry too much about this. Obviously, you want to worry a lot about this one. You've got two options. One is the user account-level conversions, or you can choose a conversion action for this specific campaign. If you got a specific form in which you are looking to convert someone on your landing page, then you choose that. But if you got all the conversions set up in your account and you can say "Whatever, call to action, they may take, I want this as a conversion." Then you set up the account, use the account level.
When you set up your ad group name, I tend to use the name of the audience or the targeting, right? In this way, I'm going to target my audience. Now, Google has recently changed the way the audiences are set up. Although you have got these, Google is giving me all these ideas as ready-made audiences in my account. It will also give me some ideas because it knows that I'm into digital marketing and Google Ads is giving me audiences like marketing, advertising, web design, SEO, SEM, business services, and irrelevant audiences, which I can target. If I was to target business professionals and I'll use that, then what I would do is I would call this ad group business professionals. I would not put any other audience in this one. Then the next one could be corporate and planning. If I'm targeting that one or SEO and SEM services, each one, then you get the granular data. If you got 10 ad groups and each ad group is targeting a specific audience, then you know exactly how they're performing just by looking at that ad group level. Demo, you can say, "Okay, I don't want the teenagers or the youngsters, over 65s, to take them off." I tend to keep them all targeted because my audiences are male and female. Both.
You don't have that option for the household income on Gmail. Give them the automated targeting as conservative but at the moment we are going to bid over here. If you find that you are not getting any impressions, then you need to bid up. Let's say if I start with 50p and I'm not getting an impression, then all you do is your bid up to and carry on bidding up until you start to get the impression. Then you can adjust the bids and you will see, okay, once you've got the impressions running, even though you are bidding one pound or a dollar, your CPC could be 20p or 30p, and you can adjust your bids afterward. Then we move on to the ad creation. You can add the upload, or you can copy existing ads, or you can create a new one.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
- Landing Page Optimization Tips
- Types of Google Ads Campaign
- How To Write Good Google Search Ads
- How to Setup Call Tracking on Google Ads
You can also join us live on YouTube on weekdays at 4 pm UK time, where we share our expertise and answer any questions you may have. Set your reminder here.
Comments
Post a Comment